This seems to be my theme lately. And I really need it not to be.
Perculating lately in my head.
- going gradeless in my classroom
- problems vs. exercises
- problem-based curriculum
- online courses
- student feedback
- student ownership of learning
- google-based apps to make learning more engaging and more natural to track
- communicating with parents the meaning of classroom structures, math practice and what grades mean regarding student understanding and student worth
- preparing students for jobs that don’t exist with applicable skills to learn processes and tools that don’t exist yet
- service-based learning
- adult learning
- personal finance
- volunteering in the greater community
- engaging with my district on a more significant level regarding professional development
- engaging with the greater MTBoS
- setting SMART goals
- helping dispel math myths
- growth mindset
- teaching children perseverance
I need to narrow this list or at least focus my efforts.