There were a lot of lovely moments today and I feel like some of them will be longer blog posts in the future. But for now, I’m jotting down some of the things I enjoyed about today.
- Lovely 7th graders who came by again to say hi and to help me in my classroom.
- Students who stayed on task today even though they initially were stumped by a problem.
- Those students who voiced encouragement and focus when the group was able to discuss the problem.
- Students who were forgiving.
- Students who showed compassion.
- Students who persevered through problem-solving.
- Students who advocated for themselves and asked for a tool and when said tool was unavailable, restated their request so that the another option was acceptable. The self-advocacy was really impressive.
- Teachers who share ideas and offer help.